Thursday 5 August 2010

Zombie Lampwork Jewellery

My hamster is a zombie... 

Since I dyed my hair green (I really do look like my avatar), I've been stocking up on green outfits and jewellery so I can be all matching. Imagine my excitement, therefore, when my favourite lampwork artist By Keiara made an early start on her Halloween range. In particular, new additions to her wonderful zombie family of animals.

Having been delighted with my zombie bears, I was thrilled to purchase a zombie owl and a zombie hamster (named Lester). Keiara very kindly whipped me up a set of zombie spacers to match and I bought a couple of cute black bats for good measure.

Since they arrived (which was only yesterday), I've been working hard to determine the best findings to use (I even woke up this morning thinking about it). In the end, I decided to make Lester into a necklace using some unusual satin black metal findings I got from Panduro Hobby. I made the raw chain into a necklace of about 20 inches using a lobster clasp and a jump ring. Lester is mounted on a headpin topped and tailed with 4mm Swarovski crystals. I added four danglers made with four of the spacers (two transluscent and two opaque), again mounted with jet crystal bicones. I really love the chain - it's got a very dungeony and goth feel. Most appropriate for a zombie pet I feel.

I used more of the spacers to make some simple matching earrings with the same black findings:


For zombie owl, I created a sort of totem pole using a clever beadable pendant finding (I think I got this one from Ebay). You just unscrew one end, pop on your beads and then screw it back together. Again, I've used an arrangement of spacers and crystals to set off the fab focal bead. I used a heavyweight jumpring to suspend the pendant from a sterling silver chain.


Finally, I mounted my bats very simply onto sterling silver headpins and earrings hooks with the ubiquitous jet black crystal bicones. Aren't they the sweetest?


I'm thrilled with my new gothy accessories and I can't wait to see what animal the amazing Keiara will turn into a zombie next...

Melx

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks AWESOME, honey! Thank you for all the kind words.. you've put the biggest smile on my face ;) Hmm, what to zombify next?! Suggestions?? Thanks again, sugar.. I love it! Love, keiara xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Very CUTE! Wonderful Work! =D)Mx

    ReplyDelete