Thursday 23 December 2010

Momiji Dolls Mini Deco Cushion

With a little (more) help from ma...

Well, my mum's been busy helping me with my crafting again. This is a new, larger version of the fab Momiji Dolls pattern from August's 2009's Cross Stitcher Magazine.

After making the panel for my knitted and felted bag, ma decided to try the dolls on a large scale piece of aida in new colours. I ended up with two dolls rather than three becuse they were so huge, but they do look fab. Mum decorated the purple and pink doll with rose ribbon braid. My only contribution was to put two glass brads into the hair of the orange and yellow dolly.

Having already made a bag, I decided the dolls would look cute as a small deco cushion (the finished size is about 8" square). I cut the aida into a square and then machine sewed it onto a piece of plain green cotton fabric so you wouldn't be able to see through the aida.


For the back of the cushion, I decided to use this fabulous Paula Ozier fabric that I had bought a while ago.

As the cushion won't really be washable, I simply machine sewed round the front and back, right sides together, leaving a gap in the bottom for turning. I always leave a miniscule gap for turning as I hate handsewing the gap closed. Having fought to get it the right way round, I stuffed the cushion with toy filling and did my tiny bit of hand stitching.

I think this is such a cute decoration, but I can't really take much credit...

Merry Christmas

Melx

No comments:

Post a Comment