Monday 31 October 2011

Injabulo Knitted Shoulder Shrug Kit

Happy Halloween....

Okay, so this isn't very spooky by my standards but I think it is a fitting tribute to the end of October. It's a shoulder shrug kit that I bought from Injabulo in the sale ages ago and finally dug out over the weekend.

The shrug is knitted in Colinette Point Five in a shade called, appropriately, Autumn Afternoon. If you've not come across it, Point Five is a beautiful 100% pure wool yarn, variegated in shade and also thickness.

The pattern uses larger-than-recommended 15mm needles to obtain a open weave for the shrug and uses just two 100g hanks.

To get started, I got out my very favourite knitting gadgets of my swift and ball winder. In no time at all, I transformed my hanks into neat cakes of wool. Next, out with the 15mm broom stick needles.

The knitting for this pattern couldn't have been easier - 30 rows of garter stitch with a little simple shaping. The only complication is watching your stitch count because the yarn varies so much in thickness.I got the whole thing finished in two sessions, although my arms ached a bit from using the giant needles.



To complete the kit and fasten your shrug, you get one of the lovely Injabulo ceramic heart buttons, which I sewed on with some green yarn. The pattern said there was no need to create a button hole and indeed I found a handy loop for fastening.

So, I have a lovely shrug to remind me of all the colours of Autumn as the winter months begin. Very much looking at hats and scarves as my next projects...

Melx

No comments:

Post a Comment